Jeg havde planlagt at analysere hver af de 5 faser i de 5 ture, men det ville nok blive lidt overkill. Derfor nåede jeg kun at nedskrive fase 1 i tur 1, selvom tankerne bag mange af de andre faser sidder inde i mit hoved.
Her er i hvert fald hvad jeg er nået til foreløbigt:
Så langt, så godt, nu mangler der bare 24 faser og så er den i husetColosseum strategy guide
- Round 1
- Phase 1: Investing – You have 4 choices in this phase
- Buy a new Event Program – not really a choice. If you do have all the tokens for both you first and second show, and it looks like somebody else is aiming for the same show as you want, then you could buy the show now, to ensure that you do get the show. But money is tight, so you would more likely wait until you have earned more, since the cheapest Event Program is priced at 13 coins.
- Expand the Arena – not really a choice. Unless you aim not to perform one of your initial shows, you should have plenty time before you need to expand your arena, and I would recommend that you wait with the expansion. There is one reason to expand early, which is to make sure you expand over one of the resting spaces. You will always need to expand twice before you will cover a resting space, and if you do this early you might invite the other players to actually move a noble into your arena, just to get that extra Emperors Medal, although they usually have other choices, so I have rarely seen this happen. It’s also nice when you do this yourself, you both get the Emperors Medal, and you get the noble to attend your show.
- Purchase a Season Ticket – could be a choice. Money wise it’s best to invest in Season Tickets early. They cost you 10 coins, but give you an extra earning of 5 coins/spectators each turn. So the sooner you invest in a Season Ticket the better the return will be. But as we all know it doesn’t matter how you do throughout the game, it’s how you do in the last round. One other reason to invest in a Season Ticket early is to aim to be the winner of the round so you can earn the podium. I do however think there is a better choice for your first investment.
- Purchase an Emperor’s Loge – best choice for first investment. The Emperor’s Loge is cheap which is nice. The Emperor’s Loge will allow you to roll two dice when producing a show. This will give a lot of flexibility, and nearly double your chances of getting whatever die roll you need. Let’s say that you have the emperor 5 spaces away from you arena. That means you need a 5 or a 6 in order to move him into your arena, and earn those extra 7 spectators. The chances of rolling 5 or 6 on one die is 12/36, but on two dice it increases to 20/36. Rolling two dice also gives you a lot of flexibility, and it increases your chances of getting Emperor’s Medals, which again gives you lots of flexibility.
- Phase 2: Buying
- Phase 3: Trading
- Phase 4: Producing a show
- Phase 5: After show effects